It can be tough to find a good, paraben-free stretch mark cream. However, you’ll find many stretch mark creams and cosmetics in the market that contain parabens.
Unfortunately, this information is often written in fine print, which you probably don’t closely examine. (To be fair, almost no one does!)
While it may be accepted outside of pregnancy and breastfeeding, paying close attention to your treatment products, especially during pregnancy, is essential. This is because harmful chemicals you ingest or absorb can easily pass to your baby through the placenta.
When choosing the best stretch mark cream for pregnancy, you should ensure it’s paraben-free. If you’d like to learn about our paraben-free stretch mark cream, click here to skip to a later section of this article!
Why are parabens dangerous?
Let’s start by introducing what parabens are. Parabens are antimicrobial agents used as preservatives to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi.
If parabens are used frequently, this could lead to:
- Damaged DNA in infants. Parabens can cause damage to infants’ DNA, which could result in congenital disabilities.
- Excess hormones in babies. Parabens are estrogenic and mimic estrogen in the body. Therefore, frequent use of products with parabens can result in excess estrogen in the baby’s body, which can potentially cause cancer, endometriosis, and thyroid disorders.
- Abnormalities in infant growth. Parabens can cause your child to be obese. This was supported by a study of 520 children whose mothers had used 95% paraben-containing products during pregnancy.
- Breast milk lacks nutritional value. A study showed that breastfeeding mothers who used products containing parabens before and during pregnancy had traces of parabens in their breast milk, which then affected the quality of their breast milk.
Additionally, parabens can also settle inside the body for long periods. In these situations, they can pose a long-term risk to your health and your baby’s health.
Parabens aren’t safe for you, especially during pregnancy. If you’re looking to deal with stretch marks (or prevent them from appearing at all!), it’s best to find a Paraben-free Stretch Mark cream to stay away from harmful toxins.
A paraben-free Stretch Mark cream specially made for you
To help you deal with stretch marks without exposing yourself to parabens, we created a Stretch Mark Cream that is paraben-free, alcohol-free, and free of phthalates.
Besides being free of parabens and toxins, our Mama’s Choice Stretch Mark Cream is enriched with natural ingredients such as Lipobelle™, Soyaglycone, aloe vera, shea butter, olive oil, and jojoba oil.
It helps you:
- Fade and prevent stretch marks
- Relieve itching skin
- Cool and moisturize your skin
Here’s how our ingredients work!
You probably haven’t heard of Lipobelle™ Soyaglycone before. That’s because it’s one of the latest biochemical innovations derived from soybean! It helps boost your skin thickness by 12% and promotes collagen building to repair damaged skin and fade stretch marks.
You’ve probably used (or eaten) aloe vera before and know about its cooling effect. We decided to put aloe vera in to help you deal with itching during pregnancy (By the way, itching can be a sign that stretch marks are about to appear!)
Shea butter is extracted from the fruit of the African Shea tree. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients to soften your skin and prevent wrinkles (and stretch marks!) from forming.
As a natural, non-greasy antioxidant, olive oil is excellent at protecting your skin against ageing and damage while keeping the texture of the cream smooth and non-oily.
Our jojoba oil comes from the jojoba shrub, a bush native to Mexico and parts of the United States. It doesn’t evaporate like other water-based moisturizers, which means it can provide longer-lasting moisturization to your skin. Jojoba oil is also filled with minerals and antioxidants to protect your skin.
If you’re in the second trimester and looking for the best stretch mark cream in Singapore, this ingredient will be effective!
Remember what we shared earlier about Aloe Vera and Lipobelle™ Soyaglycone? Using our cream to build collagen and absorb antioxidants, you can also reduce the risk of stretch marks appearing! 🙂
How to use paraben-free Stretch Mark cream
Here’s how we recommend you use the stretch mark prevention cream of your choice:
- Massage the cream across your belly and any other vulnerable areas every morning and night (If you’re doing this preventively, we suggest the hips and thighs as well)
- Massage in a circular motion to promote good blood flow
- Make sure to massage gently on your belly for safety
- Begin applying stretch mark cream from the second trimester, and continue for at least six months after pregnancy
Suppose you’ve decided to use our Stretch Mark Cream; great! But if you’re still undecided, we hope these reviews from our happy mamas help you out.
On the other hand, you can always drop us a message on our social media channels or any e-commerce platforms to leave any questions you have.
A pregnancy stretch mark cream is a significant pick-me-up for any stage of pregnancy. So whether it’s to fade your stretch marks or protect yourself from them, we recommend getting yourself a good, paraben-free stretch mark cream.
If you’re keen on getting one for multiple purposes, including to prevent stretch marks and relieve itching, do try out our Mama’s Choice Stretch Mark Cream! Feel free to drop us a question on our E-Commerce platforms or social media if you have any questions about it 🙂